6.5.09

Captains Log, Stardate: Wednesday


Finally I get to post my final version of
the Vamos catalogue illustration contest
submission (man, that´s a lot of words!).



I finished these a couple of weeks ago and
made sure they got printed properly, so
I went to my favourite print shop
"Scharlau" and asked for my preferred
guy working there: Mr. Lau (I´m not
sure if that means they also have a Mr.
or Ms. "Schar" there, but anyways...).

(This is illustrating an article about a US study that
pays people to
work out regularly and see
if they
get some long-term habit forming -
from what I got it actually works,

at least for a while.)


And all that work payed off - today I
got a mail that I scored second place!
And since they also had very generous
prizes I will receive 300€ for this
(I´ve already got my eyes on the new
small Wacom Intuos 4, I´m not sure if I
can hold myself back from spending my first
illustration money as soon as I get it).

So this was really a magical day for me.
I´ve contributed to quite a few contests and
it never worked out, so this was the little nudge
I really needed to further pursue my illustration
projects. (Mmmh, or maybe I´ll get that netbook?)

-Frederik

5 comments:

  1. hi frederik,
    cool dass du gewonnen hast!
    herzlichen glückwunsch!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. jawoll, glückwunsch auch von mir!
    wusst ich doch, dass du es unter die ersten drei schaffst. ;)
    hast es verdient!
    bene.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey, herzlichen glückwunsch auch von mir!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Glückwunsch,
    sieht sehr ausgereift aus!

    ReplyDelete