10.6.09

Flyer-ing high



This is my flyer for our schools
annual exhibiton this summer.

Yeah, I admit it, I recycled the head
from a previous piece, but oddly
enough it looks much more in place here than
in the original drawing somehow...

Doing the highlights and tatoos was a lot of
fun and I´m surprised my ability to
draw halfway-realistic isn´t
completely rusted yet.





Handlettering, as usual. Lettering by hand
used to be my way of dealing with text
without having to know stuff about fonts
and layout programs (though I´m learning
about this more and more), but I really
like it as a quality on its own.

-Frederik

4 comments:

  1. great design as usual, can't wait to see your website!

    see ya

    bino

    http://binoland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. High Frederik,
    it is very good to see your development from illustration to illustration. I like this one very much.
    Greets IB

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like the half-realism of yours frederik.
    and i wanted to tell you that i really appreciate your commitment to this blog, mister-making-this-spot-a-really-nice-thing-to-look-at.

    ReplyDelete